Click to Apply for this position
The senior customer-facing role of Application Consultant involves requirements gathering through to designing and delivering customised software solutions to a broad client base. Strong interpersonal skills are required combined with the ability to understand, analyse and communicate complex Service Management requirements. A high level of travel is expected.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates a sense of ownership of problems establishing proactive relationships with customers including providing education to client as appropriate.
- Takes on lead responsibilities to ensure customer satisfaction and promotes positive customer service attitude among peers.
- Understands and anticipates customers' needs to produces cost effective results while striving to exceed customer expectations
- Translates advanced jargon or technical issues and concepts into understandable terms for business users and executives
- Adapts delivery based on appropriateness of situation
- Competent at discovering and documenting business requirements and business processes
- Able to design robust solutions based for use within a business environment
- Work with customers to identify and develop their business process
- Can describe Hornbill's menu of products services to customer in context of the customers' business
- Understands the formal as well as informal relationships at Hornbill
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Previous service management/enterprise software vendor experience, preferably with Supportworks ITSM Enterprise.
- General networking and technical architecture/security knowledge
- Experience of integration with email, AD (or similar), asset discovery tools and/or other data sources
- SQL skills
- PHP/HTML/XML skills for webpage design and 3rd party toolset integration
Hornbill develops and markets Supportworks: platform technology and applications for IT Service Management and business helpdesks. Supportworks' service desk software is designed for rapid deployment within any IT or business support environment, including ITIL-compatible IT Service Management (ITSM), IT Helpdesk, Customer Service & Support, Human Resources and Facilities Management with the flexibility to build additional service desks at minimal extra cost.
Customers including Atos Origin, Toyota Motorsport, Buckinghamshire Hospitals NHS Trust, Kent County Council, Greggs, London School of Economics, Natural History Museum, Knight Frank, Comet, The National Archives, and Camelot benefit from Hornbill's unique 'Human Touch' approach to Service Management.
Hornbill was founded in 1995 and has offices in London, UK and Dallas, Texas. For more information about Hornbill's solutions please visit www.hornbill.com